Seems it’s done for this part. What? Yes, this part. The non film thing. The writing, the photographs. Done. All of it. For now that is. And only until the next project. Pretty cool, eh?
Huh? Don’t get it?
Well, the books are finished! And the exhibitions planned until early December. We’re ‘booked’ both literally and figuratively speaking. Two books, two exhibitions. After two years of hard work, an exhibition last year September and months of traveling, taking photos, filming, writing and correcting, it is done. Not the film, that one is next in line. But the photo book is finished and so is the novel and the exhibition is happening in a couple of weeks from now. On a major location and another one at a great little place in our hometown.
Headwind, Laxmi’s Story, the novel, is completed, corrected and send off to the printers. The waiting is now for the boxes full of books to arrive. And the photo book Unforgotten is also finished, layed out and send off. The big presentation of both books will be on August 31st in The Hague, at our new hangout Quirky.
Sure, pre-sen-ta-tion. As in presenting the novel and photo book. Reading a couple of parts from the story and showing a number of photos from the photobook as a sneak preview of the exhibitions in the Domchurch in Utrecht two weeks later and the exhibition also at Quirky starting early November. For anyone interested, living in the Netherlands or passing by, this is our schedule:
- August 31st, 5 PM: book presentation of the novel Headwind, Laxmi’s Story and the photo book Unforgotten at Café & Gallery Quirky, Tasmanstraat 128 in The Hague.
- September 15, 12:30 PM: silent opening of the exhibition Unforgotten Large in the Domchurch in Utrecht, This exhibition will run until Oktober 26.
- September 23: 12:30 PM: vernissage Unforgotten Large photo exhibition vernissage and Headwind project presentation in the Domchurch in Utrecht.
- November 10: 6 PM: vernissage Unforgotten Medium exhibition at Café & Gallery Quirky, Tasmanstraat 128 in The Hague. This exhibition will run until December 7. Including live music and the Headwind, fund raising dinner. (Reservations needed, limited seats available).
- Continuously as of now until years end: Unforgotten Small exhibition at Den Engel, Willem de Zwijgerlaan 50 in The Hague.
In between all that is a short holiday and a lot of hard work finishing the documentary Headwind, the forgotten exiles from Bhutan. That one is now scheduled for release in December this year. After that, Lord knows.
Alice Anna Verheij & Eveline van de Putte